Sunday, February 6, 2011

Caretaker


You care for me and it crushes all the fear I have inside,
Your child, hand in hand we walk side by side

You convince me in the whisper of the trees
In the warmth and glory of the sun

You compassions never fail me, no matter how fast I might have run

In your breath alone I feel so small

Mercy, sweet mercy I bask in, in the morning
Grace, peace and rest are given at the dawning

Through joy or in trial even in my deepest mourning

Secure in my Saviour, He gets me into light
A walk with You in the garden, to tell me all will be alright

I was told by a friend today living on the other side of our country that they had prayed for us at a specific time last week, a specific time last week in which I really needed it.
His care over me, His compassion for me...even in my weakness astonishes me and gives me a thankful heart this morning. "Oh yes He cares"!

Lam.3:22-23 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.



1 comment:

  1. This happened to me last week, Emily texted and said I was on her mind the last two days and she had been praying for me. Days that I needed it more than normal. Thankful for friends that are used by God. Your blog is a blessing, Your writing is touching, and You are special to me! Love you Jessie,
    Tori

    ReplyDelete